No products in the cart.
2nd December 2018
Join me as we explore southern Vietnam and Cambodia in comfort and style as we cruise down the exotic Mekong River
As this is a PRIVATE charter, we need to fill the ship to go ahead. All deposits at this stage are fully refundable. But you need to pay deposit to travel agent to secure your spot as LIMITED PLACES are available.
Expression of Interest Registrations are being taken NOW.Register me please Download Brochure
Step on-board your boutique five-star floating hotel the RV La Marguerite as you cruise along the mighty Mekong River. This luxurious vessel offers superior service and unsurpassed accommodation. Enjoy a range of elegant suites, on-board entertainment, attentive service and superb food and wine.
PRICE – from $4395
(FLY FREE from Aust. Capital Cities) Singapore airlines (incl. 20kg luggage)
Prices below are based on a TWIN SHARE – Please request prices for single supplement
$200 Early Payment discount available – pay in full 10 months prior to receive this discount.
from $4395* – Porthole window
upgrades available – add per person
B Deluxe Balcony $695
A Deluxe Balcony $995
Sadec Sadec Balcony $1,295
Indo. Indochina Balcony $1,695
NOT INCLUDED – Additional
- TRAVEL INSURANCE IS MANDATORY – Additional costs from $192 (Comprehensive with SureSave) – this may increase due to age and medical conditions.
- VISA- Vietnam. (This is compulsory to travel in Vietnam) – Additional cost approx $150 for Geelong Travel to arrange for you
or you can do this yourself
The Vietnam Visa application form is on this website http://visa.mofa.gov.vn/Homepage.aspx
Once it’s completed online you will need to print the form and it needs to be sent to the consulate with their passport and photos.
A copy of the visa will need to be sent to the travel agent for tickets to be issued.
- VISA – Cambodia. You will also need a Cambodian Visa. As the cruise starts in Cambodia a visa will be done on arrival.
The approx. cost is approx. USD $40 per person and passengers WILL NEED to bring 2 passport photos along with them.
- PLUS Scrapbooking FEE $300 (Only for class participants – friends/family travelling with you who do not do classes do not have to pay this fee)
*prices subject to availability and maybe withdrawn at anytime from TravelMarvel (APT)
YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE INCLUDES
✓✓ Eight day Mekong River cruise
✓✓ Two nights accommodation Siem Reap
✓✓ Two nights accommodation Saigon
✓✓ Airport transfers, port charges & tipping
✓✓ Services of a Travelmarvel Tour Director
✓✓ 28 meals – 11 breakfasts (B), 8 lunches (L) and 9 dinners (D)
✓✓ International wine, local beer and spirits included with lunchand dinner onboard your Mekong cruise
✓✓ Soft drink included at all times during your Mekong cruise
Mekong cruise includes INSIDER EXPERIENCES
- Relax at Siem Reap’s stylish and unique Shinta Mani Resort.
- Travelmarvel is proud to support the Shinta Mani
- Foundation, which provides fresh drinking water to
- Siem Reap communities
- Meet local disadvantaged children supported by Siem
- Reap’s Opportunities of Development thru Art (ODA)
- Enjoy an ox-cart ride in Kampong Chhnang
- Receive a Buddhist blessing in Oudong
- Dine at KOTO Kumho in Ho Chi Minh City
- Stay at the centrally-located Fusion Suites Saigon
*Optional Shore Excursions are available
BOOKINGS / DEPOSITS / PAYMENTS
Bookings are made by completing the online booking form which will be directed to Geelong Travel where an agent will contact you to confirm and discuss cabin requirements.
An initial $500 Expression of Interest deposit will be required to guarantee your position and this is payable to Geelong Travel. You will receive a receipt once this is received from Geelong Travel.
A further $1000 is due by the 20th August.
Once we know if we have enough people to go ahead with the private charter of the cruise you will be given your actual reservation number and then sent a full itinerary etc and you can make any further travel arrangements etc that are necessary.
Scrapbooking portion will be added and payable by the due date indicated on your invoice – only for those who are participating in the classes.
Day 1. Arrive Siem Reap, Angkor
- Be transferred to your hotel.
- Visit the temple of Ta Prohm, and Opportunities of Development thru Art (ODA), which provides support and education for underprivileged children.
- Settle in to the Shinta Mani Resort.
- Enjoy a Welcome Dinner and Apsara dance.Two Nights: Siem Reap,Shinta Mani Resort.
Day 2. Angkor, Siem Reap
This morning, free to choose what you would like to do or select one of the additional experiences.
- This afternoon, visit Angkor Archaeological Park and explore its ancient wonders. This World Heritage-listed park contains the
remains of different Khmer empire capitals.
- Visit iconic landmarks including the 12th-century temple Bayon.
- Cap off the day with a sunset over Angkor Wat.
- Breakfast included.
Day 3. Siem Reap, Embark Cruise at Prek K’dam
- Transfer to Prek K’dam to embark your Mekong River cruise. Floating villages line the tributaries of this stunning region and quaint towns and sleepy villages lend the Mekong a unique charm.
- Board your river ship and enjoy a Welcome Dinner on board.
- Seven Nights: Mekong RiverCruise, RV La Marguerite.
Day 4. Kampong Chhnang, Kampong Tralach, Oudong
- Enjoy a small boat excursion of the wetlands near Kampong Chhnang. You’ll then rejoin your ship and continue on to Kampong Tralach.
- Take an ox-cart ride, a popular method of transport in rural Cambodia.
- Later, travel to the former royal capital of Oudong for a Buddhist blessing.
Day 5. Koh Chen, Phnom Penh
- Explore Koh Chen, a small village specialising in silver and copper ware and visit some home-workshops that manufacture handmade
- copper souvenirs.
- You’ll then continue cruising and make your way towards Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia.
Day 6. Phnom Penh
- Join an excursion to the infamous Killing Fields and the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, on the site of the Khmer Rouge’s notorious
Security Prison 21 (S-21).
- This afternoon in Phnom Penh, a tour takes you to visit the Royal Palace.
- You’ll also see the opulent Silver Pagoda, located within the Royal Palace complex.
- After dinner perhaps step out for an evening walk around the capital.
Day 7. Border Crossing, Tan Chau
- Spend today on board as your ship cruises to the Vietnamese border.
- Offering views, reclining lounges, a swimming pool and cold drinks from the bar, the Sun Deck is a great place to relax.
- This afternoon, you might like to attend a fruit-carving demonstration by the ship’s chef while border formalities are carried out and you cross into Vietnam.
- Tonight, perhaps watch a documentary film about Pol Pot, leader of the Khmer Rouge, as your ship cruises towards the small Vietnamese town of Tan Chau.
Day 8. Tan Chau, Sa Dec
- After breakfast, transfer to a small boat and travel along the Mekong’s tiny tributaries home to villages full of stilt houses. Here, go ashore for a tour of Tan Chau by rickshaw and visit a small island.
- Enhance this insight even further and visit fascinating local artisan workshops.
- This afternoon, perhaps attend an informative lecture on Vietnam in the ship’s lounge before enjoying dinner with your fellow guests.
Day 9. Sa Dec, Cai Be
- Take a boat ride to Sa Dec for a tour. Here, you’ll see Huynh Thuy Le’s old house (once the lover of French writer Marguerite Duras, the namesake of the RV La Marguerite).
- After lunch, a local boat takes you to the river-land town of Cai Be. Go ashore to see Cai Be’s French Gothic Cathedral and a visit to a local rice paper manufacturer to learn how rice paper is made.
- Return to your ship for dinner.
Day 10. Disembark Ship, Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City
- Disembark at My Tho Port today and travel by coach to the Cu Chi Tunnels, a tunnel network built by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the Vietnam War.
- Be close to the city’s action at the modern Fusion Suites Saigon
- Two Nights: Ho Chi Minh City, Fusion Suites Saigon.
Day 11. Ho Chi Minh City
- Spend time exploring Vietnam’s vibrant Ho Chi Minh City at your leisure today.
- Perhaps take an exciting Jeep military tour; a shopping tour; explore the city on a guided tour; or take a Vietnamese cooking class ($)
- Enjoy a Farewell Dinner at KOTO Kumho this evening.
Day 12. Depart Ho Chi Minh City
Your journey ends after breakfast today with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight home.
Standard Suite (Cat. C, 226 sq. ft.)
These standard suites are decorated in a charming colonial style and equipped with the amenities of a five-star hotel.
Deluxe Balcony Suite (Cat. B & A, 226 sq. ft.)
These elegant suites offer conservatory-style sun lounges adjoining your private French Balcony.
Sadec Balcony Suite (Cat. Sadec, 284 sq. ft.)These suites are located on the prestigious Sadec Sun Deck, offering a king-size bed, a bath and large outside balcony.
Indochina Balcony Suite (Cat. Indochina, 443 sq. ft.)
These suites are the most luxurious onboard, featuring a large balcony terrace with table and chair and a decadent whirlpool tub.
One Class kit will be sent out in advance of the cruise to prepare before boarding.
Other requirements for this cruise will be sent out closer to the cruise.
Level of Experience Required
Regardless of the level of scrapbooker you are, the classes will be designed with that in mind. If you are a beginner then you will be able to keep things simple and for those advanced paper crafters the options are there for you to take it to the next level with the addition of extra layers of textures using combinations of background stamps and templates etc.
You will need to bring along a small basic scrapbooking tool kit. Similar to what you would bring to any retreat.
Items to definitely include:
- craft mat – needs only to be a small A4 mat but something to use with your craft knife.
- craft sheet – to spray mists onto (usually those brown blending sheets)
- craft knife (optional) – probably not necessary if you fussy cut with small scissors
- paper trimmer – prefer you all to have one. If sharing only do so between two as this will hold you up in class.
- *** SMALL scissors – pack these in with your toiletries.
- edge distressor
- adhesives….lots of them (include tape runners/adhesive tape and glues for embellishments)
- Glue PEN (for adhering fussy cut shapes and die cuts)
- Walnut distress Ink and Blending tool (my go to for inking edges).
- Old Credit Card or palette knife for modelling/texture paste
- baby wipes (to clean up your area and hands)
Updated lists will be advised closer to the cruise.